Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
This visa allows university graduates from countries outside the EU to seek an employment in Germany for up to six months. It supports the objective to secure an employment according to their qualifications. General information on labour immigration for academics is available on www.make-it-in-germany.com.
For your application the following documents are required:
- Application (and declaration in accordance with section 54 (2) No. 8 i.V.m. § 53 of the Residence Act) https://valletta.diplo.de/mt-en/service/05-VisaEinreise.
- Curriculum vitae of professional career, specifying the certificates, diplomas, etc. you have obtained.
- German university degree or a certificate stating recognition of foreign degree .
- In order to obtain such a certificate, please follow this link: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-of-comparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications/application-and-fees.html
- A letter of motivation providing information on the planned course of action to secure a job (sector, region, intended place of residence/accommodation etc.).
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the time of your stay in Germany.
- If available, any additional evidence of your preparations to secure a Job.
All documents must be presented in original together with 2 copies.
Following approval of the visa application, but before your visa can be issued, you will need to provide evidence that you have taken out travel health insurance, if such evidence has not already been submitted.
This fact sheet is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete. In individual cases provision of additional documents may be necessary.