Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
To apply for this type of working visa, you need to submit the following documents:
- Two completed and signed application forms. Please ensure that a high quality printout of the barcode is submitted with the application.
- 3 recent biometric passport photos (not older than six months), 2 glued to the application forms and 1 attached with a paper clip
- Passport, issued within the last 10 years, valid for at least one more year from the intended date of entry into Germany – with at least 2 empty pages + 2 photocopies of the data page
- Maltese residence card, valid for at least three more months + 2 photo-copies
- Last three pay slips from your current employer in Malta + 2 photocopies
- Work contract, signed by you and your future employer + 2 photocopies (Please ask your employer to check with the labor office in Germany wether your salary is in line with local Standards)
- Extract from the commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug) from your future employer + 2 photocopies
- Employment declaration, to be filled in by your future employer + 2 photocopies
- EU driving licence C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE
Proof of basic professional driver qualification or accelerated basic professional driver qualification (Basic qualification or accelerated basic qualification according to EU
Directive 2003/59/EC or EU Directive 2006/126/EC. The basic qualification comprises a theoretical and a practical examination of 450 minutes in total. The accelerated basic qualification comprises 140 hours of instruction followed by a 90-minute written examination.)
Proof can be provided by:
- entering the code number 95 in the EU/EEA driver's license or
- Driver qualification certificate of an EU/EEA state or
- EU/EEA driver certificate
Proof of adequate retirement pension (for applicants aged 45 years and over) e.g. Salary statement of at least 46860 Euro per year / 3905 Euro per month (for year 2021), adequate pension provision (statutory / private pension insurance claims, life insurance, real estate or other assets)
Travel health insurance policy for 14 days from the intended day of entry into Germany (the policy can be presented at the time the visa is issued)
Visa fee EUR 75.00
The visa must, where applicable, be approved by the Federal Employment Agency and the competent foreigners authority. The visa can only be issued when these approvals have been received.
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.
In some cases additional documentation may be required.