Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The working holiday Visa Program is only for applicants between 18 and 30 years (for Canada up to 35 years) old, who are citizens from one of the following countries: Argentina / Australia / New Zealand / Japan / South Korea / Hong Kong / Taiwan / Chile / Israel / Brazil / Canada / Uruguay
In order to apply for a Working Holiday Visa (WHV), you need to submit the following documents:
- Two completed and signed application forms. Please ensure that a high quality printout of the barcode is submitted with the application.
- 3 recent biometric passport photos (not older than six months), 2 glued to the application forms and 1 attached with a paper clip
- Passport, issued within the last 10 years - valid for at least one more year from the intended date of entry into Germany, with at least 2 empty pages + 2 photocopies of the data page
- Curriculum vitae (CV) - 2 print-outs please
- Motivation letter detailing expectations of planned stay and anticipated career and personal benefits, as well as future plans - 2 print-outs please
- Certificate of good conduct, not older than three months + 2 photocopies
- Proof of accommodation for at least the first week of your stay in Germany + 2 photocopies
- Evidence of sufficient funds (bank statements of the last three months in applicant’s name) + 2 photocopies
- A return flight ticket or evidence of sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket (minimum Euro 1.500,00) + 2 photocopies
- Travel health insurance policy for entire duration of stay (the policy can be presented later – latest on the day the visa is issued) + 2 photocopies
- Visa fee: EUR 75.00
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete. In some cases additional documentation may be required.