To apply for this type of visa you need to submit the following documents in original (unless stated otherwise):
- Filled in and signed application form. Please ensure that a high quality printout of the barcode is submitted with the application.
- Two recent biometric passport photos (not older than six months), one glued to the application forms and one attached with a paper clip.
- Passport, issued within the last 10 years, valid for at least one more year from the intended date of entry into Germany and with at least two empty pages (original and one copy of the data page and of the page which shows the signature of the passport holder)
- Maltese residence card, valid for at least three more months (original and one copy).
- Pay slips for the last three months of your employment in Malta (original and one copy).
- Work contract, signed by you and your future employer in Germany (original and one copy). There is a minimum salary requirement for EU Blue Card applications. The minimum salary requirement currently stands at
a) 45.552,- EUR annually for scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT specialists and
b) 58.400,- EUR annually for all other professions.
- Recent extract from the commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug) of the company of your future employer in Germany.
- Employment declaration (“Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis”) filled in and signed by your future employer in Germany.
- Certificates of your academic degrees (original and one copy).
- If you obtained your academic degree(s) from an institution of higher education outside Germany please visit the Informationsportal zu ausländischen Bildungsabschlüssen (anabin) and check whether your foreign degree(s) is/are equivalent to a German degree. Produce a printout from the anabin database of both your foreign degree(s) and the foreign institution of higher education.
- For applicants aged 45 years and over: Proof of adequate retirement provision (original and one copy), e.g. salary statement of at least 4.015,- EUR per month; statutory/private pension insurance guaranteeing monthly pension payments; ownership of real estate. Documents in a language other than German must be accompanied by a certified translation into German.
Travel health insurance policy for 14 days from the intended day of entry into Germany. The policy can be presented at the time the visa is issued.
Visa fee is 75,- EUR to be paid either in cash (exact change please) or by credit card (Visa or Master Card).
Certificates, diplomas, etc. issued in a country outside the EU must be accompanied by an apostille/a legalisation. Original documents will be returned once the visa application has been processed.