- 2 duly completed visa application forms (please ensure that no questions are unanswered and that you sign the forms)
- Your Passport (valid at least 3 months longer than the intended stay, at least 2 free pages, not older than 10 years), original + 2 copies
- 2 copies of the passport of your spouse
- Maltese residence card, original + 2 copies
- 2 recent passport photographs (not older than 3 months) according to biometric specifications
- Certificate of marriage (original + 2 copies)
- Proof of health insurance (valid travel health insurance up to the date when joining the German family health insurance), original plus 2 photocopies
- If spouse is already resident in Germany: 2 photocopies of confirmation of spouse’s registration (Anmeldebestätigung or Meldebescheinigung) and 2 copies of spouse’s German residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
- Proof of knowledge of basic German language, original plus 2 photocopies. Certificates issued by any institution testing in accordance with the standards of the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) are accepted. The test may not be older than one year. Applicants may be waived from the language proficieny requirement, for example if the spouse holds a German residence permit pursuant to sections 18a or 18b of the German Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz).
- Visa fee is 75,- EUR to be paid either in cash or by credit card (only Visa or Master Card).
Certificates issued in a country outside the EU must be accompanied by an apostille/a legalisation. Original documents will be returned once the visa application has been processed.