To apply for this type of working visa, you need to submit the following documents:
- Two completed and signed application forms. Please ensure that a high quality printout of the barcode is submitted with the application.
- 3 recent biometric passport photos (not older than six months), 2 glued to the application forms and 1 attached with a paper clip
- Passport, issued within the last 10 years, valid for at least one more year from the intended date of entry into Germany – with at least 2 empty pages + 2 photocopies of the data page
- Maltese residence card, valid for at least three more months + 2 photo-copies
- Last three pay slips from your current employer in Malta + 2 photocopies
- Work contract, signed by you and your future employer + 2 photocopies (Please ask your employer to check with the labor office in Germany wether your salary is in line with local Standards)
- Extract from the commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug) from your future employer + 2 photocopies
- Employment declaration („Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis“) to be filled in by your future employer + 2 photocopies
- EU driving licence C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE
Proof of basic professional driver qualification or accelerated basic professional driver qualification (Basic qualification or accelerated basic qualification according to EU Directive 2003/59/EC or EU Directive 2006/126/EC. The basic qualification comprises a theoretical and a practical examination of 450 minutes in total. The accelerated basic qualification comprises 140 hours of instruction followed by a 90-minute written examination.)
Proof can be provided by:
- the code number 95 being entered in the EU/EEA driver's license or
- Driver qualification certificate of an EU/EEA state or
- EU/EEA driver certificate
For applicants aged 45 years and over: Proof of adequate retirement provision, e.g. salary statement of at least 3.877,50 EUR per month; statutory/private pension insurance guaranteeing monthly pension payments; ownership of real estate. Documents in a language other than German must be accompanied by a certified translation into German.
Travel health insurance policy for 14 days from the intended day of entry into Germany (the policy can be presented at the time the visa is issued)
Visa fee is 75,- EUR to be paid either in cash or by credit card (only Visa or Master Card).
Certificates, diplomas, etc. issued in a country outside the EU must be accompanied by an apostille/a legalisation. Original documents will be returned once the visa application has been processed.