To apply for this type of visa you need to submit the following documents in original (unless stated otherwise):
- Filled in and signed application form. Please ensure that a high quality printout of the barcode is submitted with the application.
- Two recent biometric passport photos (not older than six months), one glued to the application forms and one attached with a paper clip.
- Passport, issued within the last 10 years, valid for at least one more year from the intended date of entry into Germany and with at least two empty pages (original and one copy of the data page and of the page which shows the signature of the passport holder)
- Maltese residence card, valid for at least three more months (original and one copy).
- Pay slips for the last three months of your employment in Malta (original and one copy).
- Work contract, signed by you and your future employer in Germany (original and one copy). Please ask your employer to check with the labour office in Germany whether your salary is in line with local standards.
- Employment declaration (“Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis”) filled in and signed by your future employer in Germany.
- Recent extract from the commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug) of the company of your future employer in Germany.
- Certificates regarding your vocational training qualifications (original and one copy).
- German recognition of equivalence of your foreign professional qualification to the German profession (“Gleichwertigkeitsfeststellungsbescheid”; “Defizitbescheid”). Find out more on the information portal of the German government for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications.
- If your foreign professional qualification is not equivalent to the German profession (“Defizitbescheid”) you must arrange for additional training (“Qualifizierungsmaßnahme”) in Germany and submit a “Weiterbildungsplan” (original and one copy).
- For applicants aged 45 years and over: Proof of adequate retirement provision (original and one copy), e.g. salary statement of at least 4.015,- EUR per month; statutory/private pension insurance guaranteeing monthly pension payments; ownership of real estate. Documents in a language other than German must be accompanied by a certified translation into German.
Travel health insurance policy for 14 days from the intended day of entry into Germany. The policy can be presented at the time the visa is issued.
Visa fee is 75,- EUR to be paid either in cash (exact change please) or by credit card (Visa or Master Card).
Certificates, diplomas, etc. issued in a country outside the EU must be accompanied by an apostille/a legalisation. Original documents will be returned once the visa application has been processed.